**** New Apprentice Opportunity ****
The Federal Government has announced that it will subsidise half the wages of new apprentices and trainees. On that basis we would LOVE to add a brand new, first year apprentice to our team. We recruit new staff who will fit in with our culture, as opposed to hiring based on qualifications.
- You do not need any prior experience, but you MUST be reliable, easy-going, well-presented, polite and a logical person who can think for themselves
- Full time- Monday to Friday- 7:30 to 3:30. We don’t work weekends!
- We pay for your TAFE (which you attend once a week) and you are paid at award rates
- You do not do an apprenticeship for the money! It is an investment in your future as the sky is the limit once you have your own business
- You will learn life skills such as advanced carpentry, concreting, paving, welding & horticulture
- Provide three personal or work references (these will be checked thoroughly!) This could be a past employer, a teacher, a coach, community leader etc (not a parent or a parent’s friend. If you do not have three people that would vouch for you, then you are probably not suited to our business
- Current driver’s licence and reliable vehicle. We work in Inner West, Inner North/West & Inner North Melbourne
- Ability to work out mathematical concepts such as area, volume, addition and subtraction. You do not need to be a gifted mathematician. We are looking for someone who has common sense and practical thought processes
- Ability to lift heavy materials, dig holes, push wheelbarrows and work in all-weather conditions as this is the joy of landscaping
- Available to start as soon as next level of restrictions allow more than one landscaper per job site
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com